Monday, May 17, 2010

Food intermission: Buceo 95


I am finally, finally almost done with mastering my new solo CD coming out from Mutable Music Label. It has been going on for a few years, on and off, and I had to go away from thinking about it and now I can listen to the pieces again. I spent the past few weeks working really hard; when I work on mastering my CD I spend a lot of time listening to it, almost feel like performing over and over again while doing so. I'm exhausted. So, I had a rare dinner out 'sans' kids with violist friend Liuh-Wen Ting and her husband Marshall at Buceo 95 Spanish Tapas. Great calamari, pulpo, but the best was pork belly. And the very interesting Spanish Rosé called Tondonia, which was VERY much approved by my French husband :) Liuh-Wen is the person who introduced me to him; he is also a [very good!] amateur viola player. Tomorrow, I'll go back to reading, guess what, Moskowski duo (!) which I'm playing with Muneko Otani, the 1st violinist of the Cassatt Quartet next Sunday at our kids' piano recital!

No comments: