Monday, July 26, 2010

Now time to shake, stir, and more :)

I am amassing the Holy Grails, and it is now time for me to mix the drink and drink them :) The Realtime Interaction Team at IRCAM, consisting of Frédéric Bevilacqua, Norbert Schnell, Bruno Zamborlin and Nicolas Rasamimanana, have been bending backwards to support me, taking turns leaving town to visit their families for the vacation so that I will never be left completely alone at IRCAM. They are so creative and open to ideas and it is such a pleasure and an honor for me to work with. It is one of the most condensed and fruitful collaborative relationship I've had. The fact that there is a clock ticking--I have a little more than one month to go here in Paris--makes me feel I cannot waste any time in moving forward. 'Mix the drink and drink them': it is high time to make music using the Holy Grails :) It has been opening many new possibilities of interaction and our ideas are like ping-pong balls, every time bouncing and going into the new territories and ideas.

The kids are in Nantes still, and the last time my husband spoke with them yesterday, they were very happy and learning to play Pétanque, French boule game! Husband is working in his new company in NYC after a 'garden leave', and in his spare time (how is that possible?!) building a... Flamenco Guitar! He posted many pictures on his Facebook page and it's impressive... but I was more concerned that he is looking at the camera, and not his fingers! No chopping off fingers allowed! :) We communicate a lot with Skype these days; here is husband reading a bedtime story to kids, the night before they went off to the summer camp. Thank goodness for technology :)

No comments: